Stratford hotel staff walk mystery miles for children’s hospice
- Credit: Archant
Hotel staff walked 12 miles to raise money for Richard House Children’s Hospice in Beckton.
Jane Kendrick, Richard Bartfield, Jenny Wieland, Anca Radu, and Christine Samson Soto, who all work at the Holiday Inn in Stratford, raised over £500 by completing a Quest Walk.
The sponsored event took them from Canary Wharf to Bloomsbury Square whilst solving tricky questions and looking for clues. Richard House, in Richard House Drive, is the chosen charity of the hotel and it cares for children with life-limiting conditions.
Jane Kendrick, Operations Manager, said: “The walk was really enjoyable and we were so lucky with the weather. Every mile we were presented with a new question so it was just as challenging mentally as well as physically.
“We discovered that One Canada Square had 37 lifts, we sketched at the Tate Modern and even supported Help for Hero’s cycle ride with 1700 riders congregating at the Mall.
You may also want to watch:
“Our finishing point was Bloomsbury Square where we were greeted with certificates and chocolate muffins before a pit stop in Holborn for a well-deserved glass of wine before heading home for a long bath.”
- 1 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 6 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 7 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 8 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 9 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 10 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more