Stratford hotel staff walk mystery miles for children’s hospice
- Credit: Archant
Hotel staff walked 12 miles to raise money for Richard House Children’s Hospice in Beckton.
Jane Kendrick, Richard Bartfield, Jenny Wieland, Anca Radu, and Christine Samson Soto, who all work at the Holiday Inn in Stratford, raised over £500 by completing a Quest Walk.
The sponsored event took them from Canary Wharf to Bloomsbury Square whilst solving tricky questions and looking for clues. Richard House, in Richard House Drive, is the chosen charity of the hotel and it cares for children with life-limiting conditions.
Jane Kendrick, Operations Manager, said: “The walk was really enjoyable and we were so lucky with the weather. Every mile we were presented with a new question so it was just as challenging mentally as well as physically.
“We discovered that One Canada Square had 37 lifts, we sketched at the Tate Modern and even supported Help for Hero’s cycle ride with 1700 riders congregating at the Mall.
“Our finishing point was Bloomsbury Square where we were greeted with certificates and chocolate muffins before a pit stop in Holborn for a well-deserved glass of wine before heading home for a long bath.”
- 1 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 2 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 3 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 4 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 5 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 6 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 7 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 8 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 9 Newham residents urged to shop local on Small Business Saturday
- 10 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped