Stratford homes searched in drugs swoop
TWO Stratford addresses were raided yesterday as part of a major swoop by Essex Police that saw 22 people arrested for drug offences.
Homes on Ham Park Road and Cedars Road were searched for illegal substances as part of an operation in Colchester and East London
Working with the Met, a total of 30 properties were raided during the crackdown on drug users, which was launched following intelligence from the local communities.
All the suspects were taken to custody facilities in Colchester, Clacton and Rayleigh and further arrests and searches are expected in the next few days.
Chief Supt Alison Newcomb, divisional commander for Essex Police’s Eastern Division, said: “This operation has targeted drug users on a large scale, and is certainly the biggest operation we’ve had in the district this year.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m delighted with the results we’ve had. They show not only these criminals but local residents and those intent on travelling to Essex to commit drugs offences that we will be proactive in ensuring illegal activity is not taking place on our streets.
“We know that there’s a close link between drug abuse and crimes such as burglaries and thefts. Offenders often steal to fund their habit, and the cycle of crime continues. This is why the supply of illegal drugs affects the lives of so many people.”
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 9 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections