Stratford East Theatre Royal announces major auditorium refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
Theatre Royal Stratford East has announced details of a major auditorium refurbishment which is set to take place from this month.
Planned works include renewing all the seating throughout the auditorium, and the current bench seating will be replaced with individual seats.
The stalls level will also be reconfigured with the addition of an extra 17 spaces.
The historical theatre is able to undergo planned work after receiving £208,000 from Arts Council England and a further £5,000 from the Theatres Trust for repairs to the safety curtain.
Kerry Michael, Artistic Director of Theatre Royal Stratford East said: “We’re delighted to announce our major refurbishment plans for the summer.
“We have a beautiful Grade II listed Auditorium that is well used and requires a lot of maintenance.
“We are pleased to have been awarded £208,000 from the Arts Council to undertake this project, as well as a further £5,000 from the Theatres Trust to carry out repairs to the safety curtain. These works mean that we will be able to meet our audiences’ expectations of comfort and quality for years to come.”
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 3 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 7 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 8 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 9 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Jackett looks at positives from Port Vale point
Work is due to be completed by August.