Stratford Circus is ‘best family venue’ say audiences
- Credit: Archant
A Stratford venue which prides itself on entertaining children and their families has been awarded ‘Best Family Venue’ for the 2013 Family Arts Festival.
Stratford Circus won the audience voted award with five other venues, from across more than 900 other participating organisations.
Director Clare Connor accepted the award on behalf of Stratford Circus at the Big Draw Festival accompanied by Newham Councillor Ian Corbett and Clive Lyttle from Arts Council England.
She said: “This awards means so much to Stratford Circus; we pride ourselves on providing a fun and entertaining environment for every child and their family who visits us”,
Held every year in October, the Family Arts Festival incorporates over 1,900 events and entertains tens of thousands of families across the UK. Participating audiences were invited to rate their experience and vote across three categories including Best Overall Family Welcome,
You may also want to watch:
Best Family Venue and Best Family Event/Activity.
Councillor Ian Corbett, Executive Member for Infrastructure and Environment, said: “We are extremely proud that Stratford Circus has been recognised nationally for its high quality offer.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 8 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 9 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 10 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
“We look forward to building on our strong partnership with this award winning venue and supporting them to provide residents with world-class theatre on their doorstep,”
The Family Arts Festival is part of the Family Arts Campaign, funded by the National Lottery through Arts Council England. The Festival, as part of the Campaign aims to develop the range of arts events and activities available to families - the quality as well as the overall experience.