Stratford children enjoy exclusive Paddington 2 film screening
- Credit: M&S.
Children were given a taste of the VIP lifestyle when they attended an exclusive film screening.
Fifty youngsters, who are part of the Carpenters and Dockland Centre in Gibbins Road, Stratford, enjoyed a trip to Odeon’s Covent Garden cinema to watch Paddington 2.
They were also provided with sweet treats and goodies to enjoy whilst they watched the popular bear’s latest adventure.
The screening was organised as part of Marks and Spencer’s wider commitment to Newham, which will see it trial a range of community initiatives to tackle issues that matter to people living in the borough.
The retailer has adopted Paddington as the star of this year’s Christmas campaign.
You may also want to watch:
John Statham, store manager at the chain’s Westfield Stratford City branch, said: “We’re thrilled to have treated the young people who rely on the important services of the Carpenters and Dockland Centre to a fun evening out, to mark the start of the festive season.
“Our partnership with Paddington has provided us with the opportunity to create special moments for organisations that undertake vital work at the heart of local communities, which brings to life what the spirit of Christmas is all about.”
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 7 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 8 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 9 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 10 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more