Stratford children enjoy exclusive Paddington 2 film screening
- Credit: M&S.
Children were given a taste of the VIP lifestyle when they attended an exclusive film screening.
Fifty youngsters, who are part of the Carpenters and Dockland Centre in Gibbins Road, Stratford, enjoyed a trip to Odeon’s Covent Garden cinema to watch Paddington 2.
They were also provided with sweet treats and goodies to enjoy whilst they watched the popular bear’s latest adventure.
The screening was organised as part of Marks and Spencer’s wider commitment to Newham, which will see it trial a range of community initiatives to tackle issues that matter to people living in the borough.
The retailer has adopted Paddington as the star of this year’s Christmas campaign.
You may also want to watch:
John Statham, store manager at the chain’s Westfield Stratford City branch, said: “We’re thrilled to have treated the young people who rely on the important services of the Carpenters and Dockland Centre to a fun evening out, to mark the start of the festive season.
“Our partnership with Paddington has provided us with the opportunity to create special moments for organisations that undertake vital work at the heart of local communities, which brings to life what the spirit of Christmas is all about.”
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 7 241-home development at Royal Albert Wharf marks 12-storey milestone
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 Gallions Reach chef to be judged by Michel Roux Jr as finalist for prestigious title
- 10 Candle causes Stratford flat fire which saw two people in hospital