Stratford Central Line flooding disruption continues
Central Line commuters at Stratford are still facing disrupted journeys into work this morning as repairs continue on a burst water main.
Water from the ruptured pipe in Wick Line cascaded into the station and flooded it yesterday afternoon, halting services and forcing people to abandon trains and stand in long queues for replacement buses.
There is still no service between Leytonstone and Bethnal Green with severe delays between White City and Bethnal Green and minor delays on the rest of the line.
The situation is expected to remain the same until at least noon today.
Rail replacement bus services are operate in both directions between Stratford and Leytonstone via Leyton and aalid tickets are being accepted on local buses and Greater Anglia via any reasonable route.
You may also want to watch:
It comes just 50 days before the Olympics, but London Underground bosses have pointed out the disruption has been caused by a Thames Water pipe.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 2 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 5 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 6 Player ratings: Coufal shines as West Ham fall to Everton defeat
- 7 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 8 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 9 West Ham defender Coufal frustrated with Everton defeat
- 10 We're down, but not out insists West Ham boss Moyes after Everton loss