Stratford cashier proves she has talent in television advert
- Credit: Archant
Scanning items through a checkout at speed isn’t something you’d normally expect to be showcased on Britain’s Got Talent, but one Stratford cashier has done just that in a television advert.
Linda Ivey, 52, has been starring in the short Morrisons adverts which bookend the ITV show’s breaks, featuring staff performing challenges against the clock.
Linda, who works at the supermarket’s Chalk Farm store, said: “I love my day-to-day job chatting to people at the check-out tills at Morrisons, but filming the advert was a great opportunity to do something completely different, make new friends and was such good fun.
“My friends and family think it is great that I am in a big sponsorship campaign and can’t wait for it to air – nor can I!
“It was great to be chosen to star in a sponsorship campaign which shows off the great work that goes on in our store.”
You may also want to watch:
Linda’s advert, which sees her scanning as many products as possible during the length of the break, will run throughout the series and is narrated by the show’s voiceover man, Peter Dickson.
- 1 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 6 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 7 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 8 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 9 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 10 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more