Stratford cashier proves she has talent in television advert
- Credit: Archant
Scanning items through a checkout at speed isn’t something you’d normally expect to be showcased on Britain’s Got Talent, but one Stratford cashier has done just that in a television advert.
Linda Ivey, 52, has been starring in the short Morrisons adverts which bookend the ITV show’s breaks, featuring staff performing challenges against the clock.
Linda, who works at the supermarket’s Chalk Farm store, said: “I love my day-to-day job chatting to people at the check-out tills at Morrisons, but filming the advert was a great opportunity to do something completely different, make new friends and was such good fun.
“My friends and family think it is great that I am in a big sponsorship campaign and can’t wait for it to air – nor can I!
“It was great to be chosen to star in a sponsorship campaign which shows off the great work that goes on in our store.”
You may also want to watch:
Linda’s advert, which sees her scanning as many products as possible during the length of the break, will run throughout the series and is narrated by the show’s voiceover man, Peter Dickson.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 8 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim