Stratford bartenders go head-to-head in regional competition
Two Stratford bartenders reached regional championships in their field after only a year in their jobs.
Both Jamie Dennington, 19, and Dan Webb, 21, work as cocktail experts at TGI Friday’s in Westfield Stratford City but they competed against each other on Tuesday September 4 in the southern final of the UK Bartender Championships in Mill Hill.
Showing off their flairing skills alongside 15 other bartenders, three of them fought for a place in the TGI Friday’s National Championships in Manchester in November.
Unfortunately, the boys did not quite make it into the top three but they are eager to try again next year.
Dan said “We were so pleased to make it as far as we did, to have two bartenders from a restaurant which is not even a year old is amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll be back again next year and aiming for the UK final.”
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 7 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 10 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School