Stratford baker reaches final of charity competition
- Credit: Archant
A Stratford baker has reached the final of a national competition.
Renezoe Frimpong-Manso, 24, is one of five finalists competing Make-A-Wish UK’s annual fundraising competition called Bake-A-Wish.
The winner will have their recipe recreated to feed 12,000 hungry punters in London between November 20 and 22.
The cakes were judged by celebrity presenter, Rochelle Humes, Joanne Micklewright, director of Wishgranting at Make-A-Wish UK, Emily Williams from Fairy and chef Lam Tran from Hel’s Angels.
Rochelle said: “The standard of the cakes was so high and it was really tough to choose. I think the public are going to absolutely love the winning cake.”
If Renezoe’s recipe is chosen it will go on sale in Westfield next weekend and hungry shoppers will be asked to make a £1 donation or a piece of the cake.
Rochelle added: “I’m so glad that I get to be involved in such a great charity initiative. Make-A-Wish UK do fantastic work and, remember, for a slice of the delicious winning cake all we ask is that £1 is donated.”
- 1 Newham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 2 Colleges offer 'alternative paths' towards fruitful careers, principal says
- 3 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 4 Kehrer can 'bring a number of things' to West Ham United
- 5 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 6 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 7 West Ham United's Areola aiming for one better in Europe
- 8 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
- 9 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 10 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
Assistant Brand Manager for Fairy UK, Emily Williams said, “We’ve been working with Make-A-Wish UK for more than 11 years now. Our giant bake sale really brings home the message of what the funds from the Bake-A-Wish fundraising initiative will do for so many children.
“The aim of the event in Westfield is to not only raise funds for Make-A-Wish UK but demonstrate the power of the bake sale and encourage people from up and down the country to host their own Bake-A-Wish event. We’re looking forward to providing a lot of cake for hungry shoppers and, of course, we’re going to clean up all the mess with one 780ml bottle of Fairy.”