Stratford author holds fun day to launch debut book
- Credit: Archant
A children’s fun day launched a Stratford author’s debut book.
Denise Watson read her story Mr Snowy and organised a range of arts and crafts activities at Stratford library, including glitter art, face-painting and soft play.
The book recalls how her youngest son, Micah, nine, decided to name a snowball and try to take it home with him before it melted.
Denise, 40, says her son now thinks that he is famous after being immortalised in her book.
“He absolutely loves it and wants me to write more,” she said. “The illustrator has done a brilliant job as the pictures are the spitting image of him.”
You may also want to watch:
She admitted that her other four children are waiting for their turn to star in one of her future tales.
Denise has already written two more books about Micah and is currently waiting for them to be illustrated with a view to releasing them towards the beginning of next year.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 7 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses