Stratford author holds fun day to launch debut book
- Credit: Archant
A children’s fun day launched a Stratford author’s debut book.
Denise Watson read her story Mr Snowy and organised a range of arts and crafts activities at Stratford library, including glitter art, face-painting and soft play.
The book recalls how her youngest son, Micah, nine, decided to name a snowball and try to take it home with him before it melted.
Denise, 40, says her son now thinks that he is famous after being immortalised in her book.
“He absolutely loves it and wants me to write more,” she said. “The illustrator has done a brilliant job as the pictures are the spitting image of him.”
You may also want to watch:
She admitted that her other four children are waiting for their turn to star in one of her future tales.
Denise has already written two more books about Micah and is currently waiting for them to be illustrated with a view to releasing them towards the beginning of next year.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case