Stratford and the Chocolate Factory at community Christmas party
- Credit: Archant
A Stratford community centre will be turned into Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory for a Christmas party with a difference.
Adam Attew, who is hosting the party, is inviting Newham residents to come along to Play Sow and Grow on Friday 13 December.
The event, which will be held between 5 and 8pm, is free to attend and fancy dress is encouraged but optional.
Funded by Newham council’s Let’s Get the Party Started scheme, it will include activities based around the theme as well as a chocolate fountain and home made sweets and cakes.
Adam, who runs his own cake making business from home, has previously held two parties at the Gay Road centre where he runs a baking class, including an Alice in Wonderland themed party at Easter.
You may also want to watch:
He plans to dress up as Willy Wonka for the evening and make sweets and biscuits, as well as a big celebration cake.
He said: “Most people will be having a Christmas party but nobody is having a public event on this theme.
- 1 £10k reward offered one year after fatal stabbing of Stephen Morrisson
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern welcomes back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 Beckton state school outshines top independents in Mandarin competition
- 7 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 Cyclist casualties on borough's roads rise as more people travel by bike
“It’s for children and big kids alike; it’s a family party.”
For more information or to RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org