Stratford and the Chocolate Factory at community Christmas party
- Credit: Archant
A Stratford community centre will be turned into Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory for a Christmas party with a difference.
Adam Attew, who is hosting the party, is inviting Newham residents to come along to Play Sow and Grow on Friday 13 December.
The event, which will be held between 5 and 8pm, is free to attend and fancy dress is encouraged but optional.
Funded by Newham council’s Let’s Get the Party Started scheme, it will include activities based around the theme as well as a chocolate fountain and home made sweets and cakes.
Adam, who runs his own cake making business from home, has previously held two parties at the Gay Road centre where he runs a baking class, including an Alice in Wonderland themed party at Easter.
You may also want to watch:
He plans to dress up as Willy Wonka for the evening and make sweets and biscuits, as well as a big celebration cake.
He said: “Most people will be having a Christmas party but nobody is having a public event on this theme.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
“It’s for children and big kids alike; it’s a family party.”
For more information or to RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org