Stratford and the Chocolate Factory at community Christmas party
- Credit: Archant
A Stratford community centre will be turned into Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory for a Christmas party with a difference.
Adam Attew, who is hosting the party, is inviting Newham residents to come along to Play Sow and Grow on Friday 13 December.
The event, which will be held between 5 and 8pm, is free to attend and fancy dress is encouraged but optional.
Funded by Newham council’s Let’s Get the Party Started scheme, it will include activities based around the theme as well as a chocolate fountain and home made sweets and cakes.
Adam, who runs his own cake making business from home, has previously held two parties at the Gay Road centre where he runs a baking class, including an Alice in Wonderland themed party at Easter.
He plans to dress up as Willy Wonka for the evening and make sweets and biscuits, as well as a big celebration cake.
He said: “Most people will be having a Christmas party but nobody is having a public event on this theme.
- 1 Leyton Orient claim second successive League Two win at Crawley
- 2 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 3 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 4 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 5 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 6 Leyton Orient 'got away with one' at Crawley says Wellens
- 7 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
- 8 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
- 9 Motorist who 'appeared to be driving at other vehicles' in Essex arrested
- 10 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
“It’s for children and big kids alike; it’s a family party.”
For more information or to RSVP, email email@example.com