Store offering money and gifts for Newham community projects
Funding for community groups in Stratford and East Ham is up for grabs.
The Wilkinson stores inside the old Stratford Shopping Centre and High Street in East Ham are appealing to anyone needing support with local projects to apply for a donation through their Helping Hand Scheme.
Donations can be either monetary or in the form of products.
Staff are also prepared to volunteer their time.
Store manager at Wilkinson in Stratford, Jamal Farah, said: “As a company, it’s great to be able to help local community groups and charities by giving something back to the area, whether it’s seeds to help a community garden bloom or paint for a local animal shelter, we are able to help.”
You may also want to watch:
Application forms can be collected from the store and should be returned to the store’s help desk. Successful applicants will be notified within three months of submission.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 7 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford