Stock flies off the shleves at new Stratford shop
- Credit: Archant
A newly opened shop which stocks soft furnishings at Stratford Shopping Centre has proved to be a big hit with shoppers.
Staff at Linens Direct, which opened on Thursday, had to order a fresh delivery of stock after shoppers bought items for their homes quicker than they could be restocked.
The shop is on the site previously occupied by Notting Hill women’s clothing.
Jared Carroll, Head of Retail for Linens Direct, said: “We have created 10 jobs so far and will look to increase that as the need arises.
“We opened on Thursday with a fully stocked shop and had customers buying goods quicker than we could restock the shelves. We had to have another full delivery of stock on Friday to make sure they had enough for the weekend.”
You may also want to watch:
Linens Direct opened its first shop in Wood Green High Road 21 years ago. Now it has 38 shops and an online store.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 7 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses