Still time for Newham residents to grab Rugby World Cup tickets
- Credit: Archant
Residents of Newham don’t need to get into a scrum for tickets for next year’s Rugby World Cup, which sees five of the tournament’s 48 matches played at he Olympic Stadium in Stratford’s Queen Elizabeth Park.
They have until Monday, September 29 to apply for tickets for the tournament.
Newham is a Host City for the third largest global sporting event,
Up to one million tickets for all 48 matches in the Tournament are on sale through the official Rugby World Cup 2015 ticketing website at tickets.rugbyworldcup.com
Tickets will be priced in four categories for all 48 matches, starting at £15 for adults. Child tickets, priced from £7, will be available for 41 matches. Fans will need to create an account on tickets.rugbyworldcup.com and can apply for up to four tickets per match. For 15 fixtures fans can apply for up to 15 tickets.
You may also want to watch:
Games at the Olympic Stadium are:
• France v Romania – 8pm, Weds September 23 2015
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 6 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
• New Zealand v Namibia – 8pm, Thurs September 24 2015
•Ireland v Italy – 4.45pm, Sun October 4 2015
•South Africa v USA – 4.45pm, Weds October 7 2015
•Bronze Final – 8pm, Fri October 30 2015
Matches or price categories that are oversubscribed will go to ballot so that tickets are fairly allocated. You will find out which tickets you’ve been successful in purchasing in October 2014.
To apply for tickets you need to create an account at tickets.rugbyworldcup.com and then choose from the 48 matches and price category you want to apply for.
Where matches and price categories are oversubscribed a ballot will be held to ensure all fans have an equal chance. Tickets are not being sold on a first come, first served basis so you can apply at any point between 12 and 29 September 2014.
Fans must only buy from official sources to avoid ticket fraud. Only tickets purchased at tickets.rugbyworldcup.com or through official travel and hospitality providers will guarantee entry to Rugby World Cup 2015 matches.
Youngsters from Plaistow’s Curwen School and members of East London Rugby Club in West Ham helped promote the opening of the general sale window recently .
Mayor of Newham Sir Robin Wales said: “We are proud and excited to be Host City of Rugby World Cup 2015 at the iconic Olympic Stadium. Newham showed during the 2012 Games that we can create a festival atmosphere and we want 2015 to be a celebration of Rugby and its unique qualities.
“We anticipate being able to secure a limited number of free tickets for Newham residents for matches at the Stadium, but at the moment the best way for people to get behind Rugby World Cup 2015 to is to apply through the official tickets website.”