Stephen Timms MP to join Beckton worshipers in support of children’s charity
Stephen Timms MP will join Beckton worshipers for a special service in support of a festive children’s charity appeal.
In hour of its fifth anniversary, City Chapel will host a special service at Ellen Wilkinson Primary School, Tollgate Road, on Sunday morning in partnership with Operation Christmas Child.
Launched by children’s charity Samaritans Purse every year, the seasonal appeal aims to brighten the lives of some of the world’s poor and neglected children.
People are asked to fill shoeboxes with everyday items such as toys, sweets and educational materials which will be delivered to children in 13 countries in Africa, Eastern Europe and Asia.
Beginning at 11am the service will feature City Chapel Gospel Band and in addition to Mr Timms, MP for East Ham, a number of the borough’s councillors are expected to attend.
You may also want to watch:
For more information call 020 7474 3060 or visit www.citychapel.org.uk
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 4 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 9 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 10 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services