Stephen Timms MP opens refurbished Newham Post Offices
- Credit: Archant
Three Newham post offices have had an official opening ceremony with changes set to help the community.
Barking Road Post Office, in Barking Road, High Street North Post Office, High Street North and High Street South Post Office, High Street South, have all been refurbished and will stay open for longer.
The branches will be open on Saturday afternoons, close later Monday to Saturday and offer a Car Tax renewal service.
Subpostmaster Dr Jawad Khan believes the customers have already benefited from the changes.
He said: “Before I made the changes I spoke to customers to find out what improvements they would like for their branch.
You may also want to watch:
“I am already seeing increased footfall as the branches look better and people are now more aware of our products and services.”
East Ham MP Stephen Timms cut the ribbon at the Barking Road and High Street North stores on Friday, December 13.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 4 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
He added: “The longer hours make it easier to serve customers at Christmas and throughout the year.”