Stephen Timms MP opens refurbished Newham Post Offices
- Credit: Archant
Three Newham post offices have had an official opening ceremony with changes set to help the community.
Barking Road Post Office, in Barking Road, High Street North Post Office, High Street North and High Street South Post Office, High Street South, have all been refurbished and will stay open for longer.
The branches will be open on Saturday afternoons, close later Monday to Saturday and offer a Car Tax renewal service.
Subpostmaster Dr Jawad Khan believes the customers have already benefited from the changes.
He said: “Before I made the changes I spoke to customers to find out what improvements they would like for their branch.
You may also want to watch:
“I am already seeing increased footfall as the branches look better and people are now more aware of our products and services.”
East Ham MP Stephen Timms cut the ribbon at the Barking Road and High Street North stores on Friday, December 13.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 7 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
He added: “The longer hours make it easier to serve customers at Christmas and throughout the year.”