Stephen Timms MP opens refurbished Newham Post Offices
- Credit: Archant
Three Newham post offices have had an official opening ceremony with changes set to help the community.
Barking Road Post Office, in Barking Road, High Street North Post Office, High Street North and High Street South Post Office, High Street South, have all been refurbished and will stay open for longer.
The branches will be open on Saturday afternoons, close later Monday to Saturday and offer a Car Tax renewal service.
Subpostmaster Dr Jawad Khan believes the customers have already benefited from the changes.
He said: “Before I made the changes I spoke to customers to find out what improvements they would like for their branch.
“I am already seeing increased footfall as the branches look better and people are now more aware of our products and services.”
East Ham MP Stephen Timms cut the ribbon at the Barking Road and High Street North stores on Friday, December 13.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 3 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 4 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 5 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 6 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 7 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 8 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 9 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 10 Campaigners dress as animals to deliver letters about farm closure
He added: “The longer hours make it easier to serve customers at Christmas and throughout the year.”