Stephen Timms MP opens day centre for disabled in East Ham
Stephen Timms MP was among those who attended the opening of a day centre for disabled people in East Ham.
The Day Centre at the Luke Room at St Barts Church in Barking Road, will run a variety of activities. These include painting, crafts, bingo, discussions and a DVD Hour.
Organisers are hoping to provide something different every day and will run karoake as well as shopping excursions and day trips.
It will be open five days a week from 10am until 4pm. There will be a charge of �5 per day.
It will be run by Walk A Mile In My Shoes community and voluntary services.
You may also want to watch:
Norah Larkin, a qualified support worker, said they wanted to provide a venue for the disabled people of Newham as many other centres had been closed.
She said: “We know that the Day Centre will give these people a place to decide what they want without any fear of it being closed.”
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
For more information, call Norah on 07840540335, email: email@example.com