Stephen Timms MP opens day centre for disabled in East Ham
Stephen Timms MP was among those who attended the opening of a day centre for disabled people in East Ham.
The Day Centre at the Luke Room at St Barts Church in Barking Road, will run a variety of activities. These include painting, crafts, bingo, discussions and a DVD Hour.
Organisers are hoping to provide something different every day and will run karoake as well as shopping excursions and day trips.
It will be open five days a week from 10am until 4pm. There will be a charge of �5 per day.
It will be run by Walk A Mile In My Shoes community and voluntary services.
You may also want to watch:
Norah Larkin, a qualified support worker, said they wanted to provide a venue for the disabled people of Newham as many other centres had been closed.
She said: “We know that the Day Centre will give these people a place to decide what they want without any fear of it being closed.”
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
For more information, call Norah on 07840540335, email: email@example.com