Stephen Timms MP donates £300 to Christmas toy appeal
- Credit: Archant
Stephen Timms MP has made a generous contribution to the Newham Recorder and Community Links Christmas Toy Appeal with a donation to help pay for more toys.
The East Ham MP donated £300 to the appeal - £100 of which was a personal donation - in the form of a cheque handed to appeal co-ordinator Paula Blake on December 9.
The remaining £200 was a fee he received for an event he attended which he could donate to the charity of his choice.
Mr Timms chose to donate the money to the Recorder and Community Links toy appeal to make sure even the most disadvantaged children receive presents this Christmas.
Mr Timms said:
You may also want to watch:
Newham Recorder editor Michael Adkins said: “We are very pleased that Stephen Timms MP has decided to help out with the toy appeal again this year.
“Everyone working on the campaign is grateful for his generous donation and we hope people will keep donating toys for the appeal at the drop-off points so we can reach our target.
- 1 Up to 100 drivers thwarted in crackdown on car meets in Newham
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 Women rescued as flat destroyed in Custom House blaze
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 5 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 6 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 7 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital
“No child should be left without a gift on Christmas morning.”
For more information on the Toy Appeal or to volunteer call 020 743 9685 or email email@example.com.
You can also follow the appeal at www.newhamrecorder.co.uk and on Twitter @NewhamRecorder using the hashtag #ToyAppeal.