Stephen Timms meets Stratford apprentices at the Royal Docks
- Credit: Ballymore & Oxley
The East Ham MP learned all about the valuable contribution of apprentices during a visit to the Royal Wharf development.
During the briefing Stephen also visited a show home and examined a scale model of the development by Ballymore and Oxley.
The scheme will offer a mix of affordable and private homes alongside independent shops, cafes and restaurants.
Apprentice Shardon Gonzalez, 29, from Stratford said: “I can say with pride that I am involved in one of the largest projects in the country and I am loving every minute of it.”
Stephen added: “Royal Wharf will account for ultimately some 4000 new homes, making an important contribution to revitalising East London.
You may also want to watch:
“I was delighted to meet young people, including some from Newham, starting their careers and doing well on this important project.
“Newham is a vibrant and exciting place for young people to work and live in.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault