Steam train’s journey from Stratford to the Avon
- Credit: Tony Bartlett
Do you fancy swapping the busy urban streets of Stratford for the relaxing rural town of, well, Stratford?
Steam train The Cathedrals Express will be running a special journey from east London to Warwickshire on Saturday, August 22.
Arriving at Stratford station at 10am, it will haul vintage carriages up to Stratford-upon-Avon.
After enjoying the views on the leisurely journey, there will be a couple of hours to explore attractions including Shakespeare’s birthplace and Anne Hathaway’s cottage.
Marcus Robertson, chairman of operators Steam Dreams, said: “Once on board The Cathedrals Express, passengers can sit back and relax in our elegantly refurbished 1950’s and 60’s carriages and take in the wonderful scenery as we make our way to Stratford-Upon-Avon.
“They can even enjoy a champagne breakfast on the way there and a four or five course meal on the way home.”
Tickets for the trip are available in four classes and start at £99 per person.
- 1 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 2 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 3 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 4 Leyton Orient 'got away with one' at Crawley says Wellens
- 5 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 6 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
- 7 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
- 8 Motorist who 'appeared to be driving at other vehicles' in Essex arrested
- 9 Leyton Orient claim second successive League Two win at Crawley
- 10 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
To book, call 01483 209888 or visit www.cathedralsexpress.co.uk.