Steam train’s journey from Stratford to the Avon
- Credit: Tony Bartlett
Do you fancy swapping the busy urban streets of Stratford for the relaxing rural town of, well, Stratford?
Steam train The Cathedrals Express will be running a special journey from east London to Warwickshire on Saturday, August 22.
Arriving at Stratford station at 10am, it will haul vintage carriages up to Stratford-upon-Avon.
After enjoying the views on the leisurely journey, there will be a couple of hours to explore attractions including Shakespeare’s birthplace and Anne Hathaway’s cottage.
Marcus Robertson, chairman of operators Steam Dreams, said: “Once on board The Cathedrals Express, passengers can sit back and relax in our elegantly refurbished 1950’s and 60’s carriages and take in the wonderful scenery as we make our way to Stratford-Upon-Avon.
You may also want to watch:
“They can even enjoy a champagne breakfast on the way there and a four or five course meal on the way home.”
Tickets for the trip are available in four classes and start at £99 per person.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
To book, call 01483 209888 or visit www.cathedralsexpress.co.uk.