Stats amazing for West Ham victories
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
West Ham’s ability to win their opening match of each month is quite remarkable
West Ham’s three points against Swansea City on Saturday were much-needed, but they also continued a remarkable statistic for the Hammers this season.
West Ham have managed 30 points in the Premier League so far, but if you look at where those points have come, a remarkable 19 of them have come in the opening match of each month.
If you include the win over Aston Villa in their opening league game of the season, which was the first match they played in August, they have also beaten Fulham 3-0 on September 1, won 2-1 at QPR on October 1, beat Chelsea 3-1 on December 1, overcame Norwich City 2-1 on January 1 and now beaten Swansea City 1-0 on February 2.
Add to that the 0-0 draw that the team managed against champions Manchester City on November 3 and that is 19 of the their 30 points in their opening match of each month!
You may also want to watch:
Alas there are only three more months of the season to go, but perhaps we can expect a win at Stoke City on March 2, even more remarkably, a victory at Liverpool on April 6 where the Hammers have not won since 1963 and then finally at home to Newcastle United on May 4.
Makes you think.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 4 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case