Stats amazing for West Ham victories
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
West Ham’s ability to win their opening match of each month is quite remarkable
West Ham’s three points against Swansea City on Saturday were much-needed, but they also continued a remarkable statistic for the Hammers this season.
West Ham have managed 30 points in the Premier League so far, but if you look at where those points have come, a remarkable 19 of them have come in the opening match of each month.
If you include the win over Aston Villa in their opening league game of the season, which was the first match they played in August, they have also beaten Fulham 3-0 on September 1, won 2-1 at QPR on October 1, beat Chelsea 3-1 on December 1, overcame Norwich City 2-1 on January 1 and now beaten Swansea City 1-0 on February 2.
Add to that the 0-0 draw that the team managed against champions Manchester City on November 3 and that is 19 of the their 30 points in their opening match of each month!
You may also want to watch:
Alas there are only three more months of the season to go, but perhaps we can expect a win at Stoke City on March 2, even more remarkably, a victory at Liverpool on April 6 where the Hammers have not won since 1963 and then finally at home to Newcastle United on May 4.
Makes you think.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 7 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses