Stars back dance project at Manor Park homes
TV stars Ann Widdecombe and Anton Du Beke are backing an initiative to promote the physical and mental benefits of dance.
The pair were at the launch of the ‘Shall We Dance’ project which runs from June 20 to June 27. Now staff and residents at care homes in Manor Park are opening their doors and inviting people to join in.
‘Shall We Dance’ aims to promote the physical and mental health benefits of dance by getting over 50,000 people involved.
The care homes are hosting dance-themed events and inviting members of the local community to join them. Mornington Hall Residential and Nursing Home is taking the lead by hosting a Zumba dance session with an instructor from the local fitness club on Wednesday June 22 and Thursday June 23 from 2pm.
Home manager, Catherine Komuhangi, said: “We’re really looking forward to putting on our dancing shoes and sewing on our sequins! Our Shall We Dance event is a great opportunity to invite members of the local community into our home to take part in fun activities with our residents, staff and relatives.”
You may also want to watch:
Bakers Court Nursing Centre in Manor Park has also organised a line dancing and tap dancing session on Thursday June 23 from 2pm.
Local Bupa residents Cliff Morgan and Eliza Evans met up with Ann and Anton this week.
- 1 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 2 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 9 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 10 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
To inspire people to take part, Bupa has commissioned a specially-choreographed dance, which includes different moves to suit people of all ages and capabilities.
For further information about local Shall We Dance events, call 0800 600 4622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.