Stars back dance project at Manor Park homes
TV stars Ann Widdecombe and Anton Du Beke are backing an initiative to promote the physical and mental benefits of dance.
The pair were at the launch of the ‘Shall We Dance’ project which runs from June 20 to June 27. Now staff and residents at care homes in Manor Park are opening their doors and inviting people to join in.
‘Shall We Dance’ aims to promote the physical and mental health benefits of dance by getting over 50,000 people involved.
The care homes are hosting dance-themed events and inviting members of the local community to join them. Mornington Hall Residential and Nursing Home is taking the lead by hosting a Zumba dance session with an instructor from the local fitness club on Wednesday June 22 and Thursday June 23 from 2pm.
Home manager, Catherine Komuhangi, said: “We’re really looking forward to putting on our dancing shoes and sewing on our sequins! Our Shall We Dance event is a great opportunity to invite members of the local community into our home to take part in fun activities with our residents, staff and relatives.”
You may also want to watch:
Bakers Court Nursing Centre in Manor Park has also organised a line dancing and tap dancing session on Thursday June 23 from 2pm.
Local Bupa residents Cliff Morgan and Eliza Evans met up with Ann and Anton this week.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 5 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 6 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
To inspire people to take part, Bupa has commissioned a specially-choreographed dance, which includes different moves to suit people of all ages and capabilities.
For further information about local Shall We Dance events, call 0800 600 4622 or email email@example.com.