Stars back dance project at Manor Park homes
TV stars Ann Widdecombe and Anton Du Beke are backing an initiative to promote the physical and mental benefits of dance.
The pair were at the launch of the ‘Shall We Dance’ project which runs from June 20 to June 27. Now staff and residents at care homes in Manor Park are opening their doors and inviting people to join in.
‘Shall We Dance’ aims to promote the physical and mental health benefits of dance by getting over 50,000 people involved.
The care homes are hosting dance-themed events and inviting members of the local community to join them. Mornington Hall Residential and Nursing Home is taking the lead by hosting a Zumba dance session with an instructor from the local fitness club on Wednesday June 22 and Thursday June 23 from 2pm.
Home manager, Catherine Komuhangi, said: “We’re really looking forward to putting on our dancing shoes and sewing on our sequins! Our Shall We Dance event is a great opportunity to invite members of the local community into our home to take part in fun activities with our residents, staff and relatives.”
Bakers Court Nursing Centre in Manor Park has also organised a line dancing and tap dancing session on Thursday June 23 from 2pm.
Local Bupa residents Cliff Morgan and Eliza Evans met up with Ann and Anton this week.
- 1 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 2 Moyes: Fantastic to secure European football again
- 3 Teenager from Newham found safe and well
- 4 West Ham United make point as hero Noble is hailed
- 5 The ex-gang member who turned from crime to become a pastor mentoring young people
- 6 Burglars jailed for violent Upminster burglary where boy, 11, was shot
- 7 Gainsborough Avenue stabbing: 14-year-old boy charged
- 8 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 9 Pensioner dies after being critically injured in East Ham crash
- 10 Two arrests after multi-vehicle crash on Barking Road
To inspire people to take part, Bupa has commissioned a specially-choreographed dance, which includes different moves to suit people of all ages and capabilities.
For further information about local Shall We Dance events, call 0800 600 4622 or email email@example.com.