Star-studded Disneyland Paris trip for youngsters helped by North Woolwich charity
- Credit: Joanne Davidson/SilverHub for Disney
A North Woolwich boxing charity gave disadvantaged youngsters a day of magic with some of their favourite celebrities on Tuesday.
Fight for Peace joined forces with two other London charities, Body and Soul and Oasis Children’s Venture, to give the children a magical day at Disneyland Paris as part of the 25th anniversary celebrations.
The group of celebrities, including singer Stacey Solomon and Britain’s Got Talent judge Alesha Dixon, joined the group of 40 children and parents on the flight from London City Airport.
Stacey, who came third in the 2009 series of The X Factor, said: “I think coming to Disneyland Paris with a group of children from different children’s charities is great. It gives you such a wonderful feeling. Disneyland Paris to me means family.”
Once the group arrived at the theme park, they had the chance to meet their favourite characters, have lunch with the stars and enjoy the attractions.
You may also want to watch:
It is the fourth year British Airways and Disneyland have flown a group of children to Paris from the Docklands.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 7 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Moyes praises determination of squad as West Ham beat rivals Tottenham