Stand up for Newham on public health issues
Represent Newham on community health issues by standing as a public governor for the East London NHS Foundation Trust.
The Trust, which provides community and mental health services in the boroughs of Newham, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, and the City, are looking for local people to sit on their Council of Governors.
Once elected, it is a governor’s job to represent their borough on public health services, get involved with strategic planning, and advise the Trust’s Board of Directors.
Four seats are available for public members in Newham while three positions are available for mental health staff and one for a community services staff member in the borough.
Elections will be run by the Electoral Reform Services on September 17 following two information sessions for local people from 3.40pm to 4.30pm at the Annual Members Meeting at Old Town Hall Stratford, 29 Broadway, on September 11 annd from 5.30pm to 7pm at Trust Headquarters, 22 Commercial Street.
You may also want to watch:
To apply for a nomination form, write to the Returning Officer at Electoral Reform Services Ltd, The Election Centre, 33 Clarendon Road, London, N8 0NW, by calling 020 8889 9203, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations are open to everyone in the boroughs who are members of the NHS Trust and those wishing to stand for election who are not members can sign up by visiting www.eastlondon.nhs.uk.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
Voting packs will be sent to eligible members on October 22 and results will be made available to the Trust on November 12.