Stand up for Newham on public health issues
Represent Newham on community health issues by standing as a public governor for the East London NHS Foundation Trust.
The Trust, which provides community and mental health services in the boroughs of Newham, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, and the City, are looking for local people to sit on their Council of Governors.
Once elected, it is a governor’s job to represent their borough on public health services, get involved with strategic planning, and advise the Trust’s Board of Directors.
Four seats are available for public members in Newham while three positions are available for mental health staff and one for a community services staff member in the borough.
Elections will be run by the Electoral Reform Services on September 17 following two information sessions for local people from 3.40pm to 4.30pm at the Annual Members Meeting at Old Town Hall Stratford, 29 Broadway, on September 11 annd from 5.30pm to 7pm at Trust Headquarters, 22 Commercial Street.
You may also want to watch:
To apply for a nomination form, write to the Returning Officer at Electoral Reform Services Ltd, The Election Centre, 33 Clarendon Road, London, N8 0NW, by calling 020 8889 9203, or by emailing email@example.com.
Nominations are open to everyone in the boroughs who are members of the NHS Trust and those wishing to stand for election who are not members can sign up by visiting www.eastlondon.nhs.uk.
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 8 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
Voting packs will be sent to eligible members on October 22 and results will be made available to the Trust on November 12.