Staff survey at east London housing association leads to charity donation
- Credit: Archant
A housing association raised more than £400 for Cancer Research UK after asking its staff to complete a survey.
East Thames Group presented the charity with £440 after it donated £1 for each complete survey.
John Grimmer, director of human resources said: “Being a charity ourselves, we realise the importance in supporting other worthy causes.
“There can be very few people who have not been touched by cancer and this was reflected in the unanimous choice of staff nominating Cancer Research UK as the charity to donate to.”
East Thames Group owns and manages more than 14,000 homes and builds new affordable homes in east London and Essex.
You may also want to watch:
It also offers care and support services and runs a range of programmes to prevent homelessness, get unemployed people back into work and bring communities together.
Libby Pitt, supporter contact advisor for Cancer Research UK said: “The funds East Thames Group has donated will help us carry out pioneering life-saving research to bring forward the day when all cancers are
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
The staff survey, run by Best Companies, is used to compile the ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ list, published in the Sunday Times. East Thames Group has been accredited with ‘one to watch’ status.