Stabbed MP reunited with ambulance crew
East Ham MP Stephen Timms was reunited with the ambulance crew that treated him after he was stabbed last year.
Mr Timms was holding a constituency surgery at the Beckton Globe Library in May 2010 when Roshonara Choudhry stabbed him twice in the stomach.
His assistant and a first aider helped him until the ambulance carrying the crew of Sarah Francis, James Kear and Alastair Dolan arrived.
that the local MP had been stabbed. The police were already there and we went straight to Stephen and started treating and stabilising him before taking him to Royal London Hospital.”
Student Paramedic James said: “Stephen was the first ever stabbing victim I attended to and the support from my experienced crew mates was very helpful. I just remember thinking that he was surprisingly calm given what had just happened to him.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Timms said: “I was meeting my constituents at the library when it all happened very quickly. I’m absolutely fine now and I would just like to thank the ambulance crew who helped me on that day.”
Newham Duty Station Officer Rob Sydney organised the visit to give Mr Timms the chance to meet the crew and to talk to staff to find out more about the London Ambulance Service. Rob said: “It was a great opportunity for our staff to explain to the local MP the work we do and hopefully the visit has given him a valuable insight in to how the Service works and the challenges we face.”
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 9 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 10 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London