Post Office in Forest Gate opens at new location
- Credit: Post Office
A new post office has opened in Forest Gate after relocating.
St Stephen’s Parade Post Office opened its doors at 164 Green Street today (Thursday, January 7) - about 500m from its previous site.
The branch was previously operated at 6 St Stephen’s Parade by a temporary postmaster.
A permanent postmaster is now providing service from a formerly empty site, refurbished to incorporate a stationery store.
The first 100 customers were given tea and biscuits to take away.
You may also want to watch:
Post Office network provision manager Jason Collins said: “The layout and location of the new branch will continue to meet customer needs and deliver an excellent service, whilst securing the long-term viability of Post Office services in the community.”
The Post Office counter is open 8am - 6.30pm Monday to Saturday and 11am - 3pm on Sunday.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
- 6 Covid funding boost for Newham homeless and young people charities
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 West Ham reach Continental Cup last four with win over Durham
The main counters are open 9am - 5.30pm every day except Sunday.