A-level Results Day 2018: St Bonaventure’s head pleased by school’s success
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher of St Bonaventure’s has said that he is pleased with the school’s A-level results, which saw 100 per cent A*-C pass rate in eight subjects.
Paul Halliwell said that pupils have “risen to the challenge” of tougher exams, adding: “ I am pleased to see that social sciences and the creative subjects remain at a strength in St Bonaventure’s.
“We are providing the opportunity for students to study these subjects in a centre of excellence.”
He added: “Locally, many of the sixth form providers have become highly selective and do not offer a full suite of qualifications.
“This has impacted upon St Bonaventure’s but we continue to teach the students and help them reach their potential.”
The Boleyn Road, Forest Gate school saw 73pc of grades at A*-C, with 45pc A*-B.
Top achievers include Stephen Abdul, from Stratford, who got A*s in economics and politics and an A in maths and has a place at Warwick University to study politics, philosophy and economics.
- 1 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 2 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 3 West Ham need to 'improve everything' for Forest trip says Soucek
- 4 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 5 Wellens takes positives from Leyton Orient cup exit
- 6 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 7 Young children in east London to be offered polio booster jabs
- 8 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 9 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
- 10 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
Domas Klinga, from Plaistow, and Jessica Tang, from Stratford, both got A*A*B grades and have university places lined up - Domas to study graphic design and media at the University of the Arts London and Jessica to study chemistry at Birmingham University.
Meanwhile Kiran Sweeney, from Stratford, will take up an apprenticeship with UBS’ wealth management office after getting A*AB in politics, business and history.
Mr Halliwell added: “All our students worked really hard to achieve their results this summer and we are proud of each and every one of them.”