Spring could miss Arsenal clash
Orient midfielder likely to be ruled out of crunch cup tie
MIDFIELDER Matt Spring looks as if he may miss the big FA Cup clash against Arsenal on Sunday.
He was substituted during the first half of Orient’s match against Swindon last week with a calf injury and missed the last two matches against Bristol Rovers and the MK Dons.
“It would be a shame if the injury ruled him out of contention, as he has played a massive part in our FA Cup run this season,” said Orient manager Russell Slade.
“He has been a virtual ever-present, but he is still troubled by a calf problem.”
You may also want to watch:
The O’s boss is looking forward to the clash and said: “It’s been a long, hard road for us to get to this stage of the competition.
“Sunday’s game will be our seventh in the competition and we have finally been rewarded with a good draw.”
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 6 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
Slade refused to talk about a cup shock, but said: “We have enjoyed every minute of our cup run this season and nothing will change on Sunday.”