Spring could miss Arsenal clash
Orient midfielder likely to be ruled out of crunch cup tie
MIDFIELDER Matt Spring looks as if he may miss the big FA Cup clash against Arsenal on Sunday.
He was substituted during the first half of Orient’s match against Swindon last week with a calf injury and missed the last two matches against Bristol Rovers and the MK Dons.
“It would be a shame if the injury ruled him out of contention, as he has played a massive part in our FA Cup run this season,” said Orient manager Russell Slade.
“He has been a virtual ever-present, but he is still troubled by a calf problem.”
You may also want to watch:
The O’s boss is looking forward to the clash and said: “It’s been a long, hard road for us to get to this stage of the competition.
“Sunday’s game will be our seventh in the competition and we have finally been rewarded with a good draw.”
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
Slade refused to talk about a cup shock, but said: “We have enjoyed every minute of our cup run this season and nothing will change on Sunday.”