Sport Relief: Rokeby School enjoy week of activities
- Credit: Archant
Rokeby School have been getting into the Sport Relief spirit all week with a variety of fun events.
Boys at the Barking Road school spent their PE lessons running a mile, while today they swapped their school uniform for something red.
The school also held their own ‘bake off’, where students and staff created their own sporting-themed cakes.
They were judged at lunchtime, with year 9 pupil Wadhatullah Zakie crowned student champion, and then sold off to raise even more money.
Food technology teacher Ruby Koomson said: “I am amazed at the standard of the cakes.
“Some of the boys have worked so hard on their presentation skills to make the cakes fit the sports theme.
“It was also good to see so many entries by staff and I’m sure the boys will enjoy eating them.”
- 1 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 2 Kelman's first goal lifts Leyton Orient to third straight win
- 3 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 4 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 5 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 6 London among areas where drought is declared
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 9 Two guilty of killing rapper who featured in BBC teen knife crime documentary
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
The school have so far raised £500 and will add the cake sale proceeds to the total before handing it over to the charity.