Sport Relief: Rokeby School enjoy week of activities
- Credit: Archant
Rokeby School have been getting into the Sport Relief spirit all week with a variety of fun events.
Boys at the Barking Road school spent their PE lessons running a mile, while today they swapped their school uniform for something red.
The school also held their own ‘bake off’, where students and staff created their own sporting-themed cakes.
They were judged at lunchtime, with year 9 pupil Wadhatullah Zakie crowned student champion, and then sold off to raise even more money.
Food technology teacher Ruby Koomson said: “I am amazed at the standard of the cakes.
You may also want to watch:
“Some of the boys have worked so hard on their presentation skills to make the cakes fit the sports theme.
“It was also good to see so many entries by staff and I’m sure the boys will enjoy eating them.”
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 7 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
The school have so far raised £500 and will add the cake sale proceeds to the total before handing it over to the charity.