Sport Relief: Rokeby School enjoy week of activities
- Credit: Archant
Rokeby School have been getting into the Sport Relief spirit all week with a variety of fun events.
Boys at the Barking Road school spent their PE lessons running a mile, while today they swapped their school uniform for something red.
The school also held their own ‘bake off’, where students and staff created their own sporting-themed cakes.
They were judged at lunchtime, with year 9 pupil Wadhatullah Zakie crowned student champion, and then sold off to raise even more money.
Food technology teacher Ruby Koomson said: “I am amazed at the standard of the cakes.
You may also want to watch:
“Some of the boys have worked so hard on their presentation skills to make the cakes fit the sports theme.
“It was also good to see so many entries by staff and I’m sure the boys will enjoy eating them.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
The school have so far raised £500 and will add the cake sale proceeds to the total before handing it over to the charity.