‘Spooky Apple Day’ planned for Halloween at Newham City Farm
- Credit: Archant
A Halloween event will be held in Beckton to mark a national day to celebrate the seasonal orchard harvest.
The ‘Spooky Apple Day’ at Newham City Farm in Stansfeld Road will combine the events of Apple Day and Halloween.
The event takes place on October 20 from 12noon to 4pm, and will feature pumpkin carving, arts and crafts, apple bobbing, face painting and a ‘spooky barn’.
Newham City Farm was opened in 1977 and is one of London’s longest established and largest city farms.
Anna Whately, community education and involvement worker at Newham City Farm, said: “Spooky Apple Day was a great success last year, so we are planning an even bigger and better even this year.
You may also want to watch:
“The day is a great way for the community to wrap up warm and come out to celebrate the autumn harvest of apples from our orchard whilst also getting prepared for Halloween.
“Our newly established Community Gardening Group are really excited to be cooking with the apples and pears straight from the orchard and there will be plenty of culinary delights for people to try.”
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow