Spontaneous lifestyle the target for Canning Town photographer
- Credit: David Yiu (www.davidyiu.com)
A man from Canning Town has been shortlisted for a £50,000 prize in his bid to be the most spontaneous person in Britain.
Roberto Zampino, 24, has reached the final ten of the Spontaneity Champion competition, hosted by travel website lastminute.com.
Roberto, who works as a travel photographer, said: “I love the rush that comes from a quick, unplanned, uncertain decision.
“I believe that there are not right or wrong decisions, just choices - and being spontaneous allows me to live every single moment of my existence to the full.”
The competition has seen him create videos, visiting London’s South Bank to explore and document whatever he decided to do there.
You may also want to watch:
He cites his love of adventure as coming from reading adventure stories as a child and has made a career from living spontaneously, even inspiring politicians to have fun.
He said: “After spontaneously getting dreadlocks I got asked to manage the wedding shoot with guests who included President of Cyprus and my new look wasn’t quite appreciated. After having a gentle word I appealed to their more spontaneous and creative side and by the end of the celebration I was dancing with all the guests and getting on like a house on fire as well as delivering professional photography.”
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
The winner of the competition will be announced on January 21 and will receive £50,000 of spontaneous travel and experiences in 2014.
To vote for Roberto, visit www.lovelivinglastminute.com