Spontaneous lifestyle the target for Canning Town photographer
- Credit: David Yiu (www.davidyiu.com)
A man from Canning Town has been shortlisted for a £50,000 prize in his bid to be the most spontaneous person in Britain.
Roberto Zampino, 24, has reached the final ten of the Spontaneity Champion competition, hosted by travel website lastminute.com.
Roberto, who works as a travel photographer, said: “I love the rush that comes from a quick, unplanned, uncertain decision.
“I believe that there are not right or wrong decisions, just choices - and being spontaneous allows me to live every single moment of my existence to the full.”
The competition has seen him create videos, visiting London’s South Bank to explore and document whatever he decided to do there.
You may also want to watch:
He cites his love of adventure as coming from reading adventure stories as a child and has made a career from living spontaneously, even inspiring politicians to have fun.
He said: “After spontaneously getting dreadlocks I got asked to manage the wedding shoot with guests who included President of Cyprus and my new look wasn’t quite appreciated. After having a gentle word I appealed to their more spontaneous and creative side and by the end of the celebration I was dancing with all the guests and getting on like a house on fire as well as delivering professional photography.”
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 7 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
The winner of the competition will be announced on January 21 and will receive £50,000 of spontaneous travel and experiences in 2014.
To vote for Roberto, visit www.lovelivinglastminute.com