Spontaneous lifestyle the target for Canning Town photographer
- Credit: David Yiu (www.davidyiu.com)
A man from Canning Town has been shortlisted for a £50,000 prize in his bid to be the most spontaneous person in Britain.
Roberto Zampino, 24, has reached the final ten of the Spontaneity Champion competition, hosted by travel website lastminute.com.
Roberto, who works as a travel photographer, said: “I love the rush that comes from a quick, unplanned, uncertain decision.
“I believe that there are not right or wrong decisions, just choices - and being spontaneous allows me to live every single moment of my existence to the full.”
The competition has seen him create videos, visiting London’s South Bank to explore and document whatever he decided to do there.
You may also want to watch:
He cites his love of adventure as coming from reading adventure stories as a child and has made a career from living spontaneously, even inspiring politicians to have fun.
He said: “After spontaneously getting dreadlocks I got asked to manage the wedding shoot with guests who included President of Cyprus and my new look wasn’t quite appreciated. After having a gentle word I appealed to their more spontaneous and creative side and by the end of the celebration I was dancing with all the guests and getting on like a house on fire as well as delivering professional photography.”
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 8 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks
The winner of the competition will be announced on January 21 and will receive £50,000 of spontaneous travel and experiences in 2014.
To vote for Roberto, visit www.lovelivinglastminute.com