Spontaneous lifestyle the target for Canning Town photographer
- Credit: David Yiu (www.davidyiu.com)
A man from Canning Town has been shortlisted for a £50,000 prize in his bid to be the most spontaneous person in Britain.
Roberto Zampino, 24, has reached the final ten of the Spontaneity Champion competition, hosted by travel website lastminute.com.
Roberto, who works as a travel photographer, said: “I love the rush that comes from a quick, unplanned, uncertain decision.
“I believe that there are not right or wrong decisions, just choices - and being spontaneous allows me to live every single moment of my existence to the full.”
The competition has seen him create videos, visiting London’s South Bank to explore and document whatever he decided to do there.
He cites his love of adventure as coming from reading adventure stories as a child and has made a career from living spontaneously, even inspiring politicians to have fun.
He said: “After spontaneously getting dreadlocks I got asked to manage the wedding shoot with guests who included President of Cyprus and my new look wasn’t quite appreciated. After having a gentle word I appealed to their more spontaneous and creative side and by the end of the celebration I was dancing with all the guests and getting on like a house on fire as well as delivering professional photography.”
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
- 3 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 6 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 7 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 8 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 9 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 10 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
The winner of the competition will be announced on January 21 and will receive £50,000 of spontaneous travel and experiences in 2014.
To vote for Roberto, visit www.lovelivinglastminute.com