Spontaneous lifestyle the target for Canning Town photographer
- Credit: David Yiu (www.davidyiu.com)
A man from Canning Town has been shortlisted for a £50,000 prize in his bid to be the most spontaneous person in Britain.
Roberto Zampino, 24, has reached the final ten of the Spontaneity Champion competition, hosted by travel website lastminute.com.
Roberto, who works as a travel photographer, said: “I love the rush that comes from a quick, unplanned, uncertain decision.
“I believe that there are not right or wrong decisions, just choices - and being spontaneous allows me to live every single moment of my existence to the full.”
The competition has seen him create videos, visiting London’s South Bank to explore and document whatever he decided to do there.
He cites his love of adventure as coming from reading adventure stories as a child and has made a career from living spontaneously, even inspiring politicians to have fun.
He said: “After spontaneously getting dreadlocks I got asked to manage the wedding shoot with guests who included President of Cyprus and my new look wasn’t quite appreciated. After having a gentle word I appealed to their more spontaneous and creative side and by the end of the celebration I was dancing with all the guests and getting on like a house on fire as well as delivering professional photography.”
- 1 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 2 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 3 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 4 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 5 West Ham United 'didn't have any luck' at Forest says Moyes
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 8 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 9 Hard-working Leyton Orient 'nowhere near best' in Mansfield win says Wellens
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
The winner of the competition will be announced on January 21 and will receive £50,000 of spontaneous travel and experiences in 2014.
To vote for Roberto, visit www.lovelivinglastminute.com