Speakers announced for Thames Gateway Business Awards launch
- Credit: Archant
Guest speakers are being lined up for the official launch of our Thames Gateway Business Awards next month.
Sponsored by Aspers Casino in Westfield, the awards celebrate the best in east London business.
The awards will be officially unveiled at Valentines Mansion, Ilford, on May 13. A prestigious awards evening takes place at Canary Wharf’s Wintergarden on October 28.
A £12,000 advertising package with Archant, publishers of the Recorder, also awaits the winner of the Judges’ Award selected from all entries across the 10 free-to-enter categories.
Karen West-Whylie, chief executive officer of Barking Enterprise Centres CIC, and Sarah Scott-Foster, Archant’s events manager, are already confirmed to speak at the event.
You may also want to watch:
Based in Cambridge Road, Barking, the CIC is a vibrant business hub for organisations across east London.
Mrs West-Whylie said: “Barking Enterprise Centres CIC is delighted to be supporting the business awards; as a key support organisation for start ups, entrepreneurs and small businesses, these awards offer a unique opportunity to showcase the value and importance small businesses bring to east London.
- 1 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 2 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 CCTV image released after rape reported in Forest Gate
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
“Getting recognition for your business through an award validates your organisation, however big or small.”
The centre, in partnership with Elevate East London and the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham, has supported the setting up of 210 new businesses in four years, creating more than 650 jobs.”
Sarah Scott-Foster will offer advice on how best to prepare your awards entry.
She said: “Make sure you don’t miss out on the launch event where I will give you all the important information you need to make your entry count.
“Most of all you should enjoy the process, engage with your business and shout about your successes.”
Businesses or individuals can enter up to three categories. Two additional categories - Judges’ Award and Company of the Year - are selected by a panel of judges.
n Innovation award
n Commercial business in the community/corporate social responsibility
n Young entrepreneur
n Business person of the year
n Customer service award
n Employer of the year
n Large business of the year (turnover £10m+)
n Medium business of the year (turnover £2m-£10m)
n Small business of the year (turnover up to £2m)
n New business of the year
You can download your online entry pack at thamesgatewaybusinessawards.com. The deadline for entry is Friday, September 9.