Spartan Race: Top tips on the day for Olympic park obstacle sprint
- Credit: Spartan Race UK
The first event of the Reebok Spartan Race season is just days away so to help your obstacle-ridden run go smoothly we’ve got some top race tips direct from the Spartan Race UK team.
1. Get there early
The registration process could take a while, so it’s recommended that you get to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park at least one-and-a-half hours before your race slot
2. Plan your parking
There are no parking facilities on-site. Racers can park in the Westfield Shopping Centre car park just a short walk away. Alternatively, use public transport – the nearest Tube and railway station is Stratford.
You may also want to watch:
3. Stay energised and hydrated
There will be aid stations at regular intervals along the course, where you can rest and rehydrate. Spartan Race’s official nutrition partner, Science in Sport, will also be on-hand to give out energy gels to keep you fuelled
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
4. Don’t worry about your warm-up
A Spartan activator will be on-site when you arrive to help you warm up properly
5. Reward yourself
At the end of the race, you’ll be able to enjoy a beer on us. You’ve earned it!
If you haven’t got a ticket there is still time. Click here to buy a race slot, prices vary, or for more information.