Son pleads guilty to father’s fatal stabbing in East Ham
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A man has admitted fatally stabbing his father last year.
Amala Kumar Anthonypillai, 27, pleaded guilty to manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility at the Old Bailey this morning.
He was sentenced to a hospital order under Sections 37 and 71 of the Mental Health Act.
Police and the London Ambulance Service were called to Burges Road, East Ham, at around 7:30pm on Thursday, June 13 last year, to reports of an injured man.
He was identified as Anthonypillai’s father, Vethanayagam Anthonypillai, 68, and pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination confirmed the cause of death as head and neck injuries.
The court heard that Anthonypillai, who suffers from paranoid schizophrenia, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder and later charged.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 7 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses