Son pleads guilty to father’s fatal stabbing in East Ham
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A man has admitted fatally stabbing his father last year.
Amala Kumar Anthonypillai, 27, pleaded guilty to manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility at the Old Bailey this morning.
He was sentenced to a hospital order under Sections 37 and 71 of the Mental Health Act.
Police and the London Ambulance Service were called to Burges Road, East Ham, at around 7:30pm on Thursday, June 13 last year, to reports of an injured man.
He was identified as Anthonypillai’s father, Vethanayagam Anthonypillai, 68, and pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination confirmed the cause of death as head and neck injuries.
The court heard that Anthonypillai, who suffers from paranoid schizophrenia, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder and later charged.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 4 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks