Snow puts halt to Santa delivering today’s early present to Beckton’s Richard House
Hospices to benefit from annual charity fun run
SNOW storms scuppered the annual Santas Race across the South Bank which aims to raise �20,000 for Beckton’s Richard House Children’s Hospice.
It is rescheduled for Tuesday (December 14) so there is still time to register.
The 2km race will start at the OXO Tower on the Riverside Walk in London and entrants are invited to dress up as Santa to walk or run along the Southbank in the fund-raising event to help children who have life-limiting, life-threatening and complex healthcare conditions.
To be a Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Donna or Blitzen contact Manjeet Boparaiat the Hospice on (020) 7540 0204 or email@example.com or visit http://www.richardhouse.org.uk/Events/Challenges/Running
You may also want to watch:
Registration is �12.50 and the minimum sponsorship that needs to be raised is �15. All participants will be given a Santa suit at the event and runners must register in advance as it will not be possible to register anyone on the day.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 8 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k