Snow puts halt to Santa delivering today’s early present to Beckton’s Richard House
Hospices to benefit from annual charity fun run
SNOW storms scuppered the annual Santas Race across the South Bank which aims to raise �20,000 for Beckton’s Richard House Children’s Hospice.
It is rescheduled for Tuesday (December 14) so there is still time to register.
The 2km race will start at the OXO Tower on the Riverside Walk in London and entrants are invited to dress up as Santa to walk or run along the Southbank in the fund-raising event to help children who have life-limiting, life-threatening and complex healthcare conditions.
To be a Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Donna or Blitzen contact Manjeet Boparaiat the Hospice on (020) 7540 0204 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.richardhouse.org.uk/Events/Challenges/Running
You may also want to watch:
Registration is �12.50 and the minimum sponsorship that needs to be raised is �15. All participants will be given a Santa suit at the event and runners must register in advance as it will not be possible to register anyone on the day.
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 8 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 9 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 10 London Councils issues warning over planning reform in Queen's Speech