Sleep walk for Beckton hospice
Here’s a chance to put those oversized pyjamas your grandma bought you to good use and sign up now for a charity walk.
The Richard House Docklands midnight walk is back by popular demand after a successful debut last year and returns on May 26 with a twist in the tail.
It has been renamed The Sleep Walk and hospice fundraisers are asking people taking part to come down in their pyjamas, nightcaps and sleeping gear to walk the eight-mile route from London City Airport to Canary Wharf and back.
The walk is open to men and women and Manjeet Boparai, events manager at Richard House, is hoping this will encourage even more people to take part.
She said: “We had about 270 women walking in pink bunny ears and pink t-shirts around The Docklands and it wa a great atmosphere. We want to recreate it this year and we thought the introduction of men and an easy-to-organise costume would do just that.
“Everyone has pyjamas at home and I encourage people to dig them out and come along. Even bring the ones your parents, aunties and grandparents bought you this Christmas – they couldn’t go to a better use.”
Richard House Children’s Hospice supports more than 250 families with children and young people who suffer from life-limiting, life-threatening and complex healthcare conditions. It is London’s oldest children’s hospice and has been open in Beckton since 2000.
- 1 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 2 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 3 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 4 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 5 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 6 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 7 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 8 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 9 Drone images of Newham tower block blaze
- 10 Old Bailey courts closed as barrister strike action gets under way
Registration for the Sleep Walk costs �15. Minimum sponsorship is �100.
To sign up or for more information, visit www.richardhouse.org.uk/events or call Manjeet on (020) 7540 0204.