Sleep walk for Beckton hospice
Here’s a chance to put those oversized pyjamas your grandma bought you to good use and sign up now for a charity walk.
The Richard House Docklands midnight walk is back by popular demand after a successful debut last year and returns on May 26 with a twist in the tail.
It has been renamed The Sleep Walk and hospice fundraisers are asking people taking part to come down in their pyjamas, nightcaps and sleeping gear to walk the eight-mile route from London City Airport to Canary Wharf and back.
The walk is open to men and women and Manjeet Boparai, events manager at Richard House, is hoping this will encourage even more people to take part.
She said: “We had about 270 women walking in pink bunny ears and pink t-shirts around The Docklands and it wa a great atmosphere. We want to recreate it this year and we thought the introduction of men and an easy-to-organise costume would do just that.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone has pyjamas at home and I encourage people to dig them out and come along. Even bring the ones your parents, aunties and grandparents bought you this Christmas – they couldn’t go to a better use.”
Richard House Children’s Hospice supports more than 250 families with children and young people who suffer from life-limiting, life-threatening and complex healthcare conditions. It is London’s oldest children’s hospice and has been open in Beckton since 2000.
- 1 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 2 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 3 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 4 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?
- 5 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 6 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 9 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
- 10 Blue plaques celebrate Forest Gate's links to Jimi Hendrix and De Underground Records
Registration for the Sleep Walk costs �15. Minimum sponsorship is �100.
To sign up or for more information, visit www.richardhouse.org.uk/events or call Manjeet on (020) 7540 0204.