Slade: “We need a win to ease the pressure”
Orient boss believes four more points will be enough for survival
Orient manager Russell Slade believes that four more points should be enough for League One survival and has urged the fans to get behind the team during the run-in.
“My message would be to keep the faith,” said Slade, whose side entertain Notts County tomorrow.
“It’s been a really frustrating and difficult time for me, the fans, the players and everybody connected with the football club,” said Slade.
“But we are still in a situation where it is in our own hands and we need to take care of that business and put the season to bed and start a new campaign next season on a positive note.”
You may also want to watch:
Orient we beaten 3-1 by Huddersfield on Tuesday night and have lost four of their last five games.
“We have to move on really quickly,” said Slade.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
“We have to dust ourselves down, get what fresh legs we have out on the field again and we need to get a result. If we can get a win in the next couple of games it will ease the pressure on us.”
O’s have won just five times at home this season and Slade admitted: “It’s difficult when you don’t win at home.
“Our away record is fairly decent and if we win one more away from home it will be better than last season and that’s reasonably satisfying.
“But you want to do well at home. You want to do well in front of your own fans. You want to see goals and we haven’t done that enough and I find that really frustrating.”
Slade believes there are lots of reasons behind Orient’s disappointing home form as they have lost 10 times already at The Matchroom.
“There are 1,001 reasons, to be honest,” he reflected.
“We have had to change goalkeepers, we have patched up a back four and changed it several times and you want continuity in your side, especially at the back.
“And we have not really had that enough and now we are in a situation where it’s difficult to get continuity.
“We have got an injury to Scotty Cuthbert that has put him out for the rest of the season.
“You pick up injuries and you need fresh legs as well, so it’s balancing that out and trying to get it right.
“But we will get it right and we need to get it right one or two more times to make sure we are safe,” he added.