Slade wants his players to step up to the plate
Johnstone’s Paint Trophy: Leyton Orient v Barnet 7pm
Orient will be without defender Ben Chorley and striker Kevin Lisbie for tonight’s Johnstone’s Paint Trophy second round tie against Barnet.
Chorley is suspended after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season against Sheffield United last weekend, but will be available for Saturday’s trip to Bournemouth.
While Lisbie, who limped off with a hamstring injury at the weekend, is likely to be out of action for up to a month.
Orient boss Russell Slade is looking for the players who come in to make the most of the opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
“I want some of my players who haven’t played this season to step up to the plate and show their worth when they get the opportunity,” he said.
The O’s boss sees tonight’s game as an ideal chance to bounce back to winning ways after Saturday’s 1-0 defeat by Sheffield United and doesn’t view the competition as a distraction.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
“It’s another opportunity to play at home and another opportunity to put things right and progress in a cup competition that goes all the way to Wembley,” he said
But Slade is disappointed that Lisbie faces a spell on the sidelines. “He is in a really good vein of form and that’s a big blow,” said Slade.
“Hopefully, it’s not too severe as we have got a lot of matches coming up.”
Tonight’s game starts at 7pm.