Slade set to stay at Orient
Hill looks set to fill Barnsely hot seat
It seems as if Orient have won their battle to keep charismatic manager Russell Slade at the club.
The O’s boss was a target for Championship side Barnsley, but O’s chairman Barry Hearn rejected a
request from the Yorkshire side to speak to him regarding the job at Oakwell.
Now Rochdale manager Keith Hill, who initially turned down the post, appears to have had a change of heart and is set to be named as Barnsley’s new manager this week.
You may also want to watch:
Slade, who has a year on his current contract to run, has been offered a new long-term deal.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines