Slade set to stay at Orient
Hill looks set to fill Barnsely hot seat
It seems as if Orient have won their battle to keep charismatic manager Russell Slade at the club.
The O’s boss was a target for Championship side Barnsley, but O’s chairman Barry Hearn rejected a
request from the Yorkshire side to speak to him regarding the job at Oakwell.
Now Rochdale manager Keith Hill, who initially turned down the post, appears to have had a change of heart and is set to be named as Barnsley’s new manager this week.
You may also want to watch:
Slade, who has a year on his current contract to run, has been offered a new long-term deal.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 4 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 East Ham Central welcomes new Labour councillor
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 10 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing