Slade looks to move into loan market
Orient boss ready to strengthen squad
Manager Russell Slade is set to move into the loan market to strengthen his squad.
Midfielder Marc Laird recently joined League Two side Southend until January 1 – and he scored in their FA Cup win at the weekend.
But the departure of the 26-year-old former Millwall man, who made 27 appearances last term and scored two goals, frees up the budget for Slade to make a move.
The O’s have netted just once in their last five league games and a striker is set to top Slade’s wanted list.
You may also want to watch:
With hitman Kevin Lisbie also ready to return following injury, it would give Slade some much-needed extra firepower.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation