Slade looks to move into loan market
Orient boss ready to strengthen squad
Manager Russell Slade is set to move into the loan market to strengthen his squad.
Midfielder Marc Laird recently joined League Two side Southend until January 1 – and he scored in their FA Cup win at the weekend.
But the departure of the 26-year-old former Millwall man, who made 27 appearances last term and scored two goals, frees up the budget for Slade to make a move.
The O’s have netted just once in their last five league games and a striker is set to top Slade’s wanted list.
You may also want to watch:
With hitman Kevin Lisbie also ready to return following injury, it would give Slade some much-needed extra firepower.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work