Slade: I understand Whing’s decision to join Oxford
Defender decides to drop down to League Two
Defender Andrew Whing has turned his back on a new contract offer at Leyton Orient to sign for League Two side Oxford United.
The 26-year-old, who joined the O’s from Brighton last October, was offered a new one-year deal by Orient boss Russell Slade, but he has opted to join Oxford, when his current deal ends with the O’s this summer.
However, the defender goes with Slade’s blessing.
“They have offered him a longer deal, so I can understand his decision as it gives him more security,” said Slade.
You may also want to watch:
“He did a good job for us while he was here and I wish him all the best.”
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Tracey Emin sculpture unveiled at The Line art trail in Three Mills