Slade hopes that Bournemouth remain in limbo
League One: Bournemouth v Leyton Orient
Orient head for Bournemouth on Saturday and manager Russell Slade is hoping the south coast side will not have a new manager in place by then.
Eddie Howe has been linked with a return to Dean Court after the big-spending League One side recently parted company with Paul Groves following a disappointing start to the season.
Bournemouth dropped into the bottom four last weekend and Slade knows their players will want to impress a new boss.
“I hope they have not got a new manager in place before Saturday,” said Slade.
You may also want to watch:
Bournemouth were tipped to do well at the start of the season and Slade added: “With the money they have spent and the money they have got they are under-achieving.
“Everyone connected with the club will know that, but it’s all about results and I’m sure whoever goes in there will eventually turn it round.”
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
Lee Cook and Martin Rowlands, who were rested for the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy win against Barnet are likely to return, along with Ben Chorley, who has finished a one-game ban, while former Bournemouth man Michael Symes or Ryan Brunt are likely to start in place of the injured Kevin Lisbie, who is out for a month with a hamstring problem.
Lloyd James is doubtful after he picked up an injury against Barnet on Tuesday: “He is a concern,” admitted Slade.