Slade adds former Wolves midfielder to Leyton Orient squad
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Northern Ireland international signs one-year deal at Brisbane Road.
Leyton Orient have added former Wolverhampton Wanderers midfielder Johnny Gorman to thir squad ahead of the new League One season.
The 20-year-old has signed a one-year deal with the O’s having impressed on trial, and scored in the 4-4 draw against an Arsenal XI on Tuesday night.
Gorman was released by fellow League One side Wolves in the summer and has represented Northern Ireland on nine occasions.
And although it will take time for the youngster to settle into his new surroundings, boss Russell Slade believes he will make a big impact at the club.
You may also want to watch:
“Johnny has impressed me in the couple of performances he’s put in for us,” said Slade.
“He’s got good pedigree and a very strong left foot. I think we will see him play an ever-increasing part as the season goes on.”
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim