Sir Chris Hoy to start Anniversary Run
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Olympic champion Sir Chris Hoy will return to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park next month as the official starter of The National Lottery Newham London Anniversary Run.
The five mile course takes in the park’s iconic sporting venues before finishing next to the ArcelorMittal Orbit.
Runners will follow a revised route from last year’s inaugural event, which is open to participants of all abilities.
Sir Chris said: “It will be really exciting to see all the runners on the new course, which takes in the VeloPark where I experienced some of the best moments of my career.
“This event is a great celebration of The National Lottery’s support for British sport, athletes and the community.”
You may also want to watch:
To enter the run, which takes place on July 20, visit anniversaryrun.com
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham