Simplify EU laws for small businesses, says Newham MEP
A campaign to simplify financial regulations for small businesses has gained the support of Newham’s Member of European Parliament.
MEP Sarah Ludford met with the London team of the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) to sign up to their Real-Life Entrepreneurs campaign to stimulate local business growth.
It aims to put pressure on the Government to boost banking competition and increase access to finance, tackle late payments, ease regulation and simplify the tax system for small to medium-sized businesses.
Ms Ludford said: “Liberals in Europe recognise that for the economy to get back on track we need an environment in which small businesses can flourish.
“That’s why LibDem Euro-MPs led the effort to free small businesses from burdensome EU accounting regulations.
You may also want to watch:
“We are determined, with the support of LibDem Business Secretary Vince Cable, to cut through more red tape.
“Talking to people like the FSB is essential to find out which EU business laws should be simplified or discarded.”
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total