Simplify EU laws for small businesses, says Newham MEP
A campaign to simplify financial regulations for small businesses has gained the support of Newham’s Member of European Parliament.
MEP Sarah Ludford met with the London team of the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) to sign up to their Real-Life Entrepreneurs campaign to stimulate local business growth.
It aims to put pressure on the Government to boost banking competition and increase access to finance, tackle late payments, ease regulation and simplify the tax system for small to medium-sized businesses.
Ms Ludford said: “Liberals in Europe recognise that for the economy to get back on track we need an environment in which small businesses can flourish.
“That’s why LibDem Euro-MPs led the effort to free small businesses from burdensome EU accounting regulations.
You may also want to watch:
“We are determined, with the support of LibDem Business Secretary Vince Cable, to cut through more red tape.
“Talking to people like the FSB is essential to find out which EU business laws should be simplified or discarded.”
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex