Simplify EU laws for small businesses, says Newham MEP
A campaign to simplify financial regulations for small businesses has gained the support of Newham’s Member of European Parliament.
MEP Sarah Ludford met with the London team of the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) to sign up to their Real-Life Entrepreneurs campaign to stimulate local business growth.
It aims to put pressure on the Government to boost banking competition and increase access to finance, tackle late payments, ease regulation and simplify the tax system for small to medium-sized businesses.
Ms Ludford said: “Liberals in Europe recognise that for the economy to get back on track we need an environment in which small businesses can flourish.
“That’s why LibDem Euro-MPs led the effort to free small businesses from burdensome EU accounting regulations.
You may also want to watch:
“We are determined, with the support of LibDem Business Secretary Vince Cable, to cut through more red tape.
“Talking to people like the FSB is essential to find out which EU business laws should be simplified or discarded.”
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross