Sign up for Penguin Dash for children’s hospice
A children’s hospice is returning with its festive fundraiser in December with a 2km Penguin Dash through the City.
Richard House Children’s Hospice, in Beckton, is the capital’s oldest children’s hospice, has confirmed its second penguin-themed event on December 6 from 6pm around Spitalfields Market.
Event organisers are now looking for supporters to take part.
Ben Alonso, community and events fundraiser at Richard House, said: “Who doesn’t want to dress like a penguin and run 2km for charity? Last year proved successful and I am personally looking forward to it this year.
“A lot of our corporate supporters are based in the City and around Spitalfields so it’s an easy trip for them to come to the start line.
You may also want to watch:
“We supply everyone who enters with a penguin suit, which they can keep and accessorise as they wish. We are also hoping to add a surprise element for the final kilometre of the run but people will have to wait until the event to find out what that is.”
This is the second year the Penguin Dash has been held at Spitalfields Market. The course will take in two laps of the famous marketplace and Ben Alonso says there will be a definite festive theme to the event.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 8 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
He said: “We hope to offer mince pies and mulled wine to all the people taking part so we can all get in the festive spirit.”
For more information on the Penguin Dash, contact Ben Alonso on 020 7540 0230 or visit www.richardhouse.org.uk/penguin-dash.