Sign up for Penguin Dash for children’s hospice
A children’s hospice is returning with its festive fundraiser in December with a 2km Penguin Dash through the City.
Richard House Children’s Hospice, in Beckton, is the capital’s oldest children’s hospice, has confirmed its second penguin-themed event on December 6 from 6pm around Spitalfields Market.
Event organisers are now looking for supporters to take part.
Ben Alonso, community and events fundraiser at Richard House, said: “Who doesn’t want to dress like a penguin and run 2km for charity? Last year proved successful and I am personally looking forward to it this year.
“A lot of our corporate supporters are based in the City and around Spitalfields so it’s an easy trip for them to come to the start line.
You may also want to watch:
“We supply everyone who enters with a penguin suit, which they can keep and accessorise as they wish. We are also hoping to add a surprise element for the final kilometre of the run but people will have to wait until the event to find out what that is.”
This is the second year the Penguin Dash has been held at Spitalfields Market. The course will take in two laps of the famous marketplace and Ben Alonso says there will be a definite festive theme to the event.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
He said: “We hope to offer mince pies and mulled wine to all the people taking part so we can all get in the festive spirit.”
For more information on the Penguin Dash, contact Ben Alonso on 020 7540 0230 or visit www.richardhouse.org.uk/penguin-dash.