Shot teenager released from hospital
The 15-year-old boy shot at the same time as Plaistow teenager Samuel Adelagun was killed has been discharged from hospital.
The teenager, thought to be called Edward, was shot in the abdomen during the incident on parkland at the junction of Upper Road and Chesterton Road and was taken to an east London hospital.
His friend, 16-year-old Samuel, known as Sammy Gunz, died at the scene from a bullet wound to his chest in the early hours of October 23.
A Met Police spokeswoman said that no arrests had been made and officers from Operation Trident, which deals with gun crime, were continuing with their enquiries.
The pair, along with two other friends, aged 15 or 16, were on Upper road when two gunmen appeared behind them and started firing.
You may also want to watch:
Officers said four bullets were discharged.
The suspects were dressed in black and wearing balaclavas. Detectives do not know if they used a vehicle.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
The attacked youths ran into a house on Chesterton Road begging for help. Samuel was pronounced dead in the house.
Anyone with information is asked to call the police on (020) 8733 4704 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.