Shot teenager released from hospital
The 15-year-old boy shot at the same time as Plaistow teenager Samuel Adelagun was killed has been discharged from hospital.
The teenager, thought to be called Edward, was shot in the abdomen during the incident on parkland at the junction of Upper Road and Chesterton Road and was taken to an east London hospital.
His friend, 16-year-old Samuel, known as Sammy Gunz, died at the scene from a bullet wound to his chest in the early hours of October 23.
A Met Police spokeswoman said that no arrests had been made and officers from Operation Trident, which deals with gun crime, were continuing with their enquiries.
The pair, along with two other friends, aged 15 or 16, were on Upper road when two gunmen appeared behind them and started firing.
You may also want to watch:
Officers said four bullets were discharged.
The suspects were dressed in black and wearing balaclavas. Detectives do not know if they used a vehicle.
- 1 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 2 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 7 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 10 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
The attacked youths ran into a house on Chesterton Road begging for help. Samuel was pronounced dead in the house.
Anyone with information is asked to call the police on (020) 8733 4704 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.