Shot teenager released from hospital
The 15-year-old boy shot at the same time as Plaistow teenager Samuel Adelagun was killed has been discharged from hospital.
The teenager, thought to be called Edward, was shot in the abdomen during the incident on parkland at the junction of Upper Road and Chesterton Road and was taken to an east London hospital.
His friend, 16-year-old Samuel, known as Sammy Gunz, died at the scene from a bullet wound to his chest in the early hours of October 23.
A Met Police spokeswoman said that no arrests had been made and officers from Operation Trident, which deals with gun crime, were continuing with their enquiries.
The pair, along with two other friends, aged 15 or 16, were on Upper road when two gunmen appeared behind them and started firing.
You may also want to watch:
Officers said four bullets were discharged.
The suspects were dressed in black and wearing balaclavas. Detectives do not know if they used a vehicle.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 5 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 6 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
The attacked youths ran into a house on Chesterton Road begging for help. Samuel was pronounced dead in the house.
Anyone with information is asked to call the police on (020) 8733 4704 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.