Shoppers anger at hours spent at Westfield Stratford City car park
Shoppers at Westfield Stratford City spent hours queuing to leave the centre this evening.
One shopper said she had been waiting for three hours in the car park before being able to move.
She said there were families with young children forced to wait in their vehicles while other motorists decided to leave their cars parked overnight.
She criticised the car park staff for failing to tell motorists anything.
A woman working at the car park office said there was a problem with traffic lights on the main road.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said they had received reports of traffic disruption involving 70-80 cars.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election