Shoppers anger at hours spent at Westfield Stratford City car park
Shoppers at Westfield Stratford City spent hours queuing to leave the centre this evening.
One shopper said she had been waiting for three hours in the car park before being able to move.
She said there were families with young children forced to wait in their vehicles while other motorists decided to leave their cars parked overnight.
She criticised the car park staff for failing to tell motorists anything.
A woman working at the car park office said there was a problem with traffic lights on the main road.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said they had received reports of traffic disruption involving 70-80 cars.
- 1 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 2 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 5 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 6 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 9 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case