Shop selling everything from arts & crafts to bicycles has opened in Forest Gate
- Credit: Archant
An emporium style shop selling everything from vintage goods and arts & crafts to bicycles and deli produce has opened.
Number 8 Forest Gate, which is located next to Woodgrange Market and the cafe Coffee7, opened up its doors on Sebert Road on Saturday.
Residents can rent a space in the shop to sell their goods. The costs are negotiated on an individual basis and a small percentage is paid on every item sold. But otherwise all proceeds go to the individual trader.
Shop manager and jewellery maker Jeff Levi said: “We’re excited that this is a great opportunity for local people to sell in a shop on a busy high street. There’s been so much interest in the idea that all the
shop space has been filled and there is now a waiting list.”
You may also want to watch:
Number 8 Forest Gate is open 9am to 6pm from Monday to Saturday and from 10am to 4pm on Sundays.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley